Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Resistance 2

Today I'll start posting some screenshots of Resistance 2; our sequel to Resistance: Fall of Man. Resistance 2 was a massive production for us at Insomniac Games. It was both challenging and exciting because we had a lot of issues to think about and new things we wanted to try! I did a lot of environment work for R2 so I thought I'd post some of the highlights for you guys! I worked primarily on 2 levels: Twin Falls and Iceland 2. They were needless to say complete opposites of each other. Twin Falls Idaho was a throw back to 1950s small town suburbs and that was quite a treat for someone who grew up in a 1980-90s Kansas small town suburb! On Iceland 2 I was dedicated to a massive Chimeran Node both exterior and interior and I'll get to that in a bit.
I'm very proud of the work we did on Twin Falls. We used a lot of reference and we did our best to stay true to the small town feel of this tragic city overtaken by the Chimera. In our universe Twin Falls is the location of a set of Anti-Aircraft batteries that the Chimera were trying to destroy. It was hopeless to move their giant ships into the heartland without first destroying them. What follows is the work I did in the town and the town square! If you haven't played Resistance 1 or 2 yet they're quite good and worked our butts off on 'em so if you ever have an inkling to blast some aliens Resistance is your chance! Anyway off to some screens! Thanks for reading!

Yance

No comments: