Monday, February 16, 2009

Iris Supercomputer 1


Iris was a very large project for my team. We had a lot of specific game play areas that needed special attention with very little time for error. This opening shot shows a large amount of my work. Everything I built I also textured. Iris is a giant super computer that is encased in a large comet flying through space! We had no real way of conveying movement. So I built a sky dome with scrolling uvs to help give the feeling we were on a comet! The idea was a bit vague due to the size of the level. In the image above you'll see of course the sky dome. I also built the large building in the background which was supposed to symbolize Iris' casing. The dark blue ice trees in front, the ship to the right (you might recognize because Slag has come to take Iris!) and the godrays! The godrays (or sun rays) were really fun because it truly was a unique custom piece just for this level and i thought really really sold the opening shot!
Yance

No comments: