Saturday, August 22, 2009

Resistance 2 Iceland 2


Iceland 2 was a massive undertaking. Two-thirds of which I'm not showing you here because the rest of my team burned rubber creating it. There was an army base battle, a natural battelfield, and the Node. I was tasked with everything Chimeran in the environment for this level. We again had a large land mark called The Chimeran Node. I have to give props to my buddy Jason Anderson http://www.jasoncanderson.com for helping me along with this. We started Resistance prototyping this bad boy and I finished it up. I enjoy these projects because they're challenging and sometimes I feel like a magician because I'm working every angle to create the illusion of granduer while still trying to work under the limits of our engine and budget. The Node was made up of maybe 20 pieces. Each was constructed in a way to provide the optimum amount of reuse. Of course one can see that this is created from like materials and modular parts. But the hope was that we could make each piece feel a little different than the next. This way we could provide quality art in very little time.

No comments: